What makes you see a movie?

A writer trying to sell his screenplay is often asked "Who's the target audience for this?" Now, it's easy to hear that question and fly into a rage over how horribly commercialized Hollywood is, with films not seen as art, but commodities designed to sell stale popcorn and salty pretzels. However, all the statement means is, "Who will see this? Who will want to see this? What viewer will this film reach?"

So with that in mind, I want to start off the week asking my readers two questions:

1) What sort of movies do you like to see?

and

2) What makes you see a movie? Is it the trailer? The stars? The premise? Nudity? Violence? How do you decide what's worth your $12 each weekend?

Bonus question: What helps you determine whether you'll see a movie in the theatre or if you'll wait for Netflix?

I know from my stats that there are a few hundred of you reading this site each day. I'd love to see massive participation and discussion in the comments below. I don't allow anonymous comments, but don't let that be a hindrance.