Guest-blogging on Script Frenzy

Recently I was asked to write a "Cameo" for the Script Frenzy website, promoting "The Script Frenzy Challenge" in a few weeks. For those not in the know, Script Frenzy is an writing event that challenges participants to write 100 pages of scripted material in the month of April. As of now they have over 7,000 writers signed up and I'm led to believe that a typical year has nearly 20,000 participants once everything gets going.

It's a non-profit, so there are no fees to participate. There also aren't any prizes - the goal is to motivate writers to put their noses to the grindstone and write like mad in the month of April.

You can find my article "How to Use the Extra Time in the Script Frenzy Challenge" on their website.

Is anyone planning on participating this year? I had considered it, but I just finished a new spec and am working on rewrites. I'd hate to break my momentum on that one to start something new so I'll probably bow out this year.