Tuesday Talkback: Shameless Plug Corner

Every now and then I get an email or a comment that's little more than self-promotional spam.  You've probably seen these if you've hung around here long enough.  "Hey, I love the blog.  By the way I have 8 specs that are totally available on my website at www.notsubtle.com.  Blogs like yours are great for people like me who are writing romantic comedies with unique premises such as 'A student teacher falls in love with her mentor, only to have a jealous 6th grader blow the lid on their affair after the student teacher rebuffs the student's advances.'  My mom thinks it's the best thing I've ever written."

These are always awkward for me to reply to because I get what it's like to want someone to look at your work, but the stealth hardsells like this are always off-putting.  Also, it's hard not to feel really used when this sort of thing is posted in comments.  In those cases, I know it's less about the commenter interacting with me, and more about them taking advantage of my blog's audience. 

So how about everyone gets it out of their system now?  This is an open thread to completely, utterly and shamelessly plug anything you're working on.  I'm talking about loglines, short films, indie films, novels, blogs, novelty twitter feeds, public access shows, street performances, open mic appearances and political campaigns.

The one catch - if you're gonna post, you have to read every comment that appears before you.  I figure that's only fair.  Since you're trying to get some eyeballs on your work, show the same courtesy to the others.

Have at it, people.